- The successful candidate will have prior experience working with Domestic Violence victims and possesses clinical skills, collaborative problem solving abilities, a participative leadership style, effective communication skills that will engage and motivate our dedicated and mission-driven staff to continuously improve and innovate upon the exceptional services provided to our clients.
- Ability to see overall big picture while looking at individual processes
- Ability to integrate all program components into one cohesive program
- Ability be a creative and efficient problem-solver
- Ability to initiate and be a self starter
- Ability to multitask under pressure
- Ability to be proactive about challenges/barriers before they become a crisis/issue
- Assertive and direct communication throughout organizational structure
- Be open and flexible to ever changing responsibilities
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be creative and think outside the box
- Ability to provide constructive feedback and integrate criticism
- Ability to manage people and multi layered systems
- Ability to develop systems and protocols
- Ability to adapt and create systems as client and agency needs change
- Ability to train and teach others
- Be a role model for others
Qualifications: Education, Training, and Job Knowledge Requirements:
- Masters degree in social work, counseling, or a related field required.
- 2 years management experience, in shelter or residential setting preferred
- Experience in staff supervision is required
- Intermediate to advanced-level proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of, and direct experience working with, domestic violence programs and clients.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker or LMFT preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of program support such as grant writing and community development and collaboration strongly preferred.
ADA Job Characteristics:
Work environment is primarily in an Emergency Shelter program. Able to climb one flight of stairs. Lift and carry up to 25 pounds up to waist length, extend both arms above the head and/or reach below the waist, stoop, squat, crawl, bend the back to open lower-level filing drawers, or to retrieve stored items. Sit and/or stand frequently. Use fine manipulation (hands and wrist) to operate a keyboard, take notes, complete and file reports, file and copy documents. Corrected vision to normal range. Speak in normal vocal tone and range, and communicate clearly and concisely to and with others. Apply normal reasoning and detail as required in the accomplishment of job duties.