Who We Are:
Neighborhood Health Center is a non-profit organization local to Portland, OR serving underserved patients in the areas of primary care, internal medicine, dental services and more. Our patient-centered approach to care honors the unique needs and circumstances of each individual patient. NHC sees people, not problems, and recognizes that the time spent as a patient in a doctors office is only one factor in a persons overall health. Our leading edge, integrated clinical teams work in partnership with patients, their families, and the communities we serve to provide whole-person care, prevention, and ongoing support.
NHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate differences in the workplace and do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (sex), national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Why work with us?
- We are a non-profit organization, passionate about providing the underserved population with medical and dental services across the greater Portland area, committed to making a difference daily.
- We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes 20 days of PTO (based on full time employment), 9 paid holidays, health/dental/vision insurance, quarterly wellness reimbursements, generous 401k retirement plan with employer match, employer paid disability insurance, EAP and life insurance.
- We were voted in the Top Workplaces 2020 and 2021 by our employees!
Job Title: Behavioral Health Provider
Department: Behavioral Health
Reports To: Director of Clinical Outcomes and CAM Services
Work Type: Hybrid
Language Differential: Eligible
The Behavioral Health Provider promotes patient-centered collaborative care, teaches coping skills, and works with patients to modify health behaviors. As the BHP you will work with primary care providers to ensure both the psychosocial and medical needs of each patient are met. BHPs provide integrated supportive services for primary care patients.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide appropriate resources and support linkage to clients.
- Complete screenings using standardized tools from the DSM5.
- Provide education and tools around coping with both mental health and medically-related conditions.
- Provide patient support through appropriate triaging and referrals.
- Document in writing all care in patients permanent medical record in accordance with accepted medical/legal standards.