Job Title: Continuous Improvement (C/I) Leader
Department: Human Resources
Classification: Exempt, Salary
Reports to: HR Director
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Operational Management, preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years process improvement experience within highly transactional/operations type environments.
- Lean/Six Sigma certification (Black Belt), desirable
- Project Management Institute (PMP) certification, desirable
- Proven history of results from the application of process improvement methodologies and effective change leadership.
- Strong financial (P&L) understanding and business acumen required: cost benefit analysis and presenting project business cases to executive leadership.
- Strong leadership and people skills. Demonstrated ability to motivate, influence and gain commitment at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to communicate complex matters in a simple understandable format.
- Previous experience of planning and delivering internal communication plans and projects.
- Ability to understand the unique needs of our business to produce an effective and relevant communication strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Proficiency with the MS Office Suite, including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel. Smartsheet experience preferred.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage and respond to a variety of situations in a friendly and collaborative manner.
- Manufacturing operations support (production, logistics, quality, safety) preferred.
The Continuous Improvement (C/I) Leader is passionate about people and culture. They believe that having engaged employees and strong processes are essential to company culture. They are a strong communicator with an ability to engage internal customers through numerous communication channels. They will have the ability to work with employees at multiple levels on a variety of company projects. They will advise leadership on the most effective way to encourage collaboration and cohesiveness by providing training and development. Their day-to-day focus will be on the continuous improvement of our most important asset, our people.
- Support the HR Director, and ultimately the Chief People Officer, to define, build and grow the company culture through internal communication systems.
- Develop and maintain strong internal networks and drive change management and communication.
- Lead Continuous Improvement by having a “hands-on” approach; takes time observing and providing feedback on the production floor.
- Responsible for ensuring our internal communication reflects our employer brand and culture.
- Work with HR Director and/or designee to identify ways to support leadership by providing training and development around Lean Principles and process improvements.
- Lead the Continuous Improvement Team (CIT) by facilitating ideas and discussion around process improvement projects, providing objective insight.
- Liaise with department managers to design, coordinate, and execute internal communications tactics, including deployment of new tools and processes that help drive employee engagement around process improvement.
- Assist department managers in implementing lean methodologies into their respective areas.
- Partner with internal customers to advise on or create content to be shared with entire company.
- Facilitate the design and implementation of new/improved process models and organizational structures.
- Support Safety Officer and/or designee in safety-related communication and projects by advising on written internal messaging and effective training execution.
- Manage internal communication response to crisis situations which affect organizational perception and reputation.
- Maintain sanitary and safe work environment and follow safety requirements.
- May actively participate on company’s Safety Committee.
- Ensure that company safety policies as well as federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
- Must have a complete understanding of company’s policies, SOPs, QPs, EPs, HACCP and cGMP that pertain to their department to ensure quality, safety, efficiency and sustainability.
- Must adhere to all company policies.
- Examine documents, materials, and products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Follow all SOPs in a given area.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/or designee.