WHY CHOOSE ECRI?
ECRI is an inspiring place to work. We share a common mission to help healthcare organizations make smart, compassionate, and ethical decisions for patients. Consider these additional benefits of joining the ECRI team:
- Industry leadership: We have a long history and proven reputation in patient safety and medical technology research.
- On-the-job-learning: You will have the opportunity to work with specialists across medical science, patient care, healthcare management, and technology.
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits: We offer medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, and disability coverage.
- Retirement Savings: Our employees can participate in an employer-matching 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan.
- Additional benefits: ECRI offers additional benefits to our employees, including paid time off and holiday pay, paid leave for parents, tuition assistance, employee assistance program, access to LinkedIn Learning, and other voluntary benefit programs (e.g. accident insurance, identify theft insurance, flexible spending accounts).
- Volunteer Program: ECRI Cares, our employee volunteer program, provides a framework for us to work together and make a difference in the lives of others. All employees are provided 16 hours annually of paid time to volunteer at preapproved ECRI Cares charities during normal business hours.
At ECRI, our passion for safe, effective, and efficient care is ingrained into the fabric of who we are and why we are here. For more than 50 years, the people of ECRI have been unyielding in their work to protect patients from unsafe and ineffective medical technologies and practices. Now, with the acquisition of the Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP), we have created one of the largest healthcare quality and safety entities in the world.
As a non-profit, independent organization, we utilize an unbiased, evidence-based approach to develop guidance, and maintain our principles of integrity and transparent work. Our ethical standards have led us to adopt the industry's strictest conflict-of-interest policies, and they are why tens of thousands of healthcare leaders worldwide rely on ECRI to guide their clinical, operational, and strategic decisions across all sites of care.
The Most Trusted Voice in Healthcare
ECRI is proud to serve the healthcare industry, from providers and insurers to government agencies, and medical associations. Our areas of focus include:
- Patient Safety: empowering leaders to eliminate patient harm through the dissemination of best practices, guidance, benchmarking, and recommendations.
- Evidence-Based Medicine: providing clinical evidence to inform and support decisions on the effectiveness of medical technologies, procedures, genetic tests, and clinical practice guidelines.
- Technology Decision Support: arming hospital systems with unbiased insights, so they can optimize their supply chain.
ECRI is the only organization worldwide to conduct independent medical device evaluations, with labs located in North America and Asia Pacific. ECRI is designated an Evidence-based Practice Center by the U.S. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality and a federally certified Patient Safety Organization by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
At ECRI, our passion for the truth drives us to go further and dig deeper in our pursuit to advance effective, evidence-based healthcare globally.
The success of our organization relies on the kind of creative thinking that can only result from a diverse team of individuals. ECRI is proud to be an employer of choice with an inclusive environment for all employees. As part of this goal and in compliance with various laws and regulations, ECRI provides reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees.
It's what makes ECRI unique, and why we are the most trusted voice in healthcare.
Analyzes medical technology price quotations from a financial perspective and provides hospitals with information and resources to facilitate price negotiations with vendors. Identifies purchase, lease/rental, and service contract pricing benchmarks using ECRIs internal database applications. Updates and maintains ECRIs product catalog system to ensure that all model and vendor information is accurate. Researches equipment technical specifications to support member requests for technology, custom comparison, and market intelligence reports.
Synthesizes information from a variety of internal and external sources, including vendors, technical and business publications, and technology information services. Provides up-to-date pricing information for other ECRI groups and publications when requested. Works with ECRI member hospitals to assess equipment needs and identify appropriate vendors and models. Creates documents and reports for delivery to members using internal database and MS Office software applications.
Other related tasks as assigned.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statements(s)
(Specific responsibilities will depend on experience and assignments)
- Requires minimal supervision in daily work.
- Manages multiple ongoing tasks in an effective manner.
- Demonstrates exceptional time management and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work well with colleagues across departments in the organization.
- Ability to perform and maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and communication skills via email and phone.
- Starting to understand and uses most of the available resources, including ECRI databases, library, and Internet tools, and is able to make recommendations with the help of their technology leads to staff and clients on most aspects of healthcare technology, as necessary.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with clients by routinely keeping them informed of project status and developments.
- Ability to anticipate internal workload needs with the help of their technology lead and to plan accordingly, in order to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Provide well written, technically accurate reports to clients regarding equipment needs assessment, equipment negotiation support, service planning, installation and implementation.
- Perform other related or unrelated duties as assigned.