NEW PAY RATES!!
Sign on bonus $12,000
Provides nursing care through physical and mental assessments, laboratory testing, plans of care and therapeutic treatments. Knowledgeable of a wide range of disorders; cognitive, emotional, developmental, social and behavioral. Performs crisis intervention. Participates in the department's performance improvement and Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities
Clinical / Technical Skills (40% of performance review)
- Responsible for maintaining a therapeutic milieu that is safe and focused on delivering quality patient care. This includes leading the team that is on shift through appropriate assignments and thorough communication.
- Conducts admission and daily shift nursing assessments for all patients. Identifies and manages patient medical conditions and changes in patient condition. Assesses pain and utilizes appropriate pain management techniques
- Provides education to patients and families.
- Conducts medication reconciliation as part of the medication management process. Administers medications utilizing safe medication practices and according to policy. Knowledgeable of medications, including psychotropic drugs, and their correct administration based on the age of the patient and their clinical condition.
- Follows Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE) protocols.
- Establishes and maintains individualized treatment plans depending on patient need.
- Works as an active member of the team and communicates with team members (physicians, therapists, administration, other departments etc.) regarding patient care issues.
- Documents based on the SUN policies.
- Coordinates and supervises patient care as necessary.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors. This includes competence in using electronic medical record and CPOE for all physician/Nurse Practitioner orders as well as wristband scanning prior to medication administration.
- Functions as a patient and family advocate, at all times.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations
- Utilizes proper protocols for the use of Seclusion and Restraint, and the requirements associated with it.
- Perform other duties as required.
Safety (15% of performance review)
- Strives to create a safe, healing environment for patients and family members
- Follows all safety rules while on the job.
- Reports near misses, as well as errors and accidents promptly.
- Corrects minor safety hazards.
- Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
- Attends all required safety programs and understands responsibilities related to general, department, and job specific safety.
- Participates in quality projects, as assigned, and supports quality initiatives.
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
Teamwork (15% of performance review)
- Works well with others in a spirit of teamwork and cooperation.
- Responds willingly to colleagues and serves as an active part of the hospital team.
- Builds collaborative relationships with patients, families, staff, and physicians.
- The ability to retrieve, communicate, and present data and information both verbally and in writing as required
- Demonstrates listening skills and the ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken and written word.
- Demonstrates adequate skills in all forms of communication.
- Adheres to the Standards of Behavior
Integrity (15% of performance review)
- Strives to always do the right thing for the patient, coworkers, and the hospital
- Adheres to established standards, policies, procedures, protocols, and laws.
- Applies the Mission and Values of SUN Behavioral Health to personal practice and commits to service excellence.
- Supports and demonstrates fiscal responsibility through supply usage, ordering of supplies, and conservation of facility resources.
- Completes required trainings within defined time periods, as established by job description, policies, or hospital leadership
- Exemplifies professionalism through good attendance and positive attitude, at all times.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and staff information, following HIPAA and other privacy laws.
- Ensures proper documentation in all position activities, following federal and state guidelines.
Compassion (15% of performance review)
- Demonstrates accountability for ensuring the highest quality patient care for patients.
- Willingness to be accepting of those in need, and to extend a helping hand
- Desire to go above and beyond for others
- Understanding and accepting of cultural diversity and differences