EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other related areas preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of mortgage banking experience in lending, closing, title, escrow, or related fields.Condo-related processing experiences a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess a thorough understanding of loan processing, escrow, and closing procedures.
- Knowledge of real estate lending and documentation.Knowledge of title and survey matters, including the ability to evaluate exceptions to title.
- Up to date knowledge of mortgage banking procedures including an in depth understanding of loan processing and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to work closely and efficiently with lending personnel.
- Strong customer service skills required for internal and external customer communications.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, spreadsheets, and database lending software.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office Products and other Database software.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee will operate in a general office environment, using office equipment such as a phone and a computer.The employee must be able to bend and squat occasionally when accessing safety deposit boxes or storage.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate as compared to a private office with light foot traffic and office equipment.The employee must be able and willing and able to interact frequently with the general public.