The Hospital promotes and supports volunteers whose purpose is to provide volunteer services and raise funds to enhance the quality of our services, improve our image, and encourage community support for the Hospital.
- Respect and honor the contribution of our volunteers.
- To have an environment of mutual openness, honesty, and integrity.
- To communicate and maintain appreciation, respect, dignity and confidentiality.
- Welcome ideas, creativity and innovation.
- Ethical treatment of all Volunteers in the offering of their service to enhance the quality of care, patient-centered environment and total well-being of all.
Code of Conduct
- Volunteers are expected to be dependable and reliable in the contribution of their time and skills whose efforts further the commitment of the Hospital and its core purpose to improve the health of the people we serve.
- The actions of volunteers reflect the reputation and image of the Hospital therefore they must always be kind, courteous and professional when working with others.
A volunteer is considered a person who voluntarily offers to provide a service or undertaking within our facility. This can be someone who volunteers for a specific project or program, as well as those who provide a free service to our patients. Volunteers may be selected from all social and economic groups within the community, without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, religion, sexual orientation or physical/mental disability. All paperwork, background checks, disclosures, confidentiality and all other required documents are the responsibility of the Human Resources Department and will be housed in an individuals volunteer folder with a copy to the Volunteer Program Coordinator.
- A job description outlining volunteer service areas will be provided to volunteers. Volunteers may serve in the areas of:
- Marketing events
- Hospital Clothing Program
- Dietary (with valid food handlers card)