- High school graduate or equivalent
- One year paid experience in a WIC program or other health program providing education or counseling services
- Knowledge and understanding of the Hispanic culture
- Bilingual in Spanish and English; written and verbal
- Ability to type 35 wpm; applicant to furnish certification
- Knowledge of basic nutrition principles
- Valid California driver's license, proof of auto insurance, and personal transportation
- Knowledge of nutrition and dietary principles to assess nutritional needs and provide counseling and education to WIC participants
- Knowledge of instructional skills and educational techniques to influence and guide nutritional care of patients for health maintenance
- Knowledge of inventory techniques and procedures
- Ability to prepare routine records and reports
- Ability to translate material into appropriate language
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees and public
- Ability to identify problems, provide information, and recommend solutions
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Requires frequent walking and standing for prolonged periods of time. Requires sitting for prolonged periods of time. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity necessary to utilize computer keyboard in preparing reports and computing food amounts and nutrients. Requires exposure to communicable disease. Requires ability to drive automobile or similar transportation to attend various clinics and other functions. Requires lifting of boxes and papers up to 50 pounds occasionally.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Exposure to communicable disease, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment. Work weekends as needed.
Community Medical Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is CMC’S policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons, regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, martial status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, membership, or non-membership in an employee organization or on the basis or personal favoritism or other non-merit factors expect where otherwise provided by law.