At EDCO our mission is to provide the healthcare industry with a robust, automated medical record indexing solution. Not just any solution, but one that improves indexing accuracy and creates efficiencies for our customers. All things that positively impact patient care. We are looking for a Technical Writer to join our team in Sioux Falls, SD.
The Technical Writer creates technical documentation and training materials for internal and external customers. This position explains complex information in a clear and concise manner, ensuring accuracy and compliance with EDCO’s standards and style.
- Create technical documentation and training materials based on defined requirements and technical specifications.
- Ensure content addresses technical and non-technical users for internal and external audiences.
- Ensure created content meets EDCO’s writing standards and style guide.
- Proofread documents written by others.
- Assist with maintaining department’s library of technical documentation and training materials.
- Adhere to documentation plans and timelines.
- Follow documentation review and approval processes.
- Continuously maintain relevant product knowledge.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- 2+ years of relevant writing experience required; or one of the following combinations: Associate’s degree in related field with 1 year of relevant writing experience or Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Technical writing experience preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to organize time and projects efficiently.
- Ability to be self-motivated and highly organized.
EDCO Health Information Solutions provides a combination of software, services, and process knowledge to optimize the management of health information in acute and ambulatory settings throughout North America. By leveraging Solarity technology, EDCO has enabled healthcare facilities to maximize efficiencies, reduce cost, and streamline health information to improve patient care. For more information, go to www.SolaritybyEDCO.com
EDCO is an equal opportunity employer.