To support, direct and guide existing and emerging early learning services, systems and opportunities within education, safety and health sectors across a three county region in collaboration with established stakeholders and in concert with Governance. Uplift and support existing services, providers and health agencies/programs in Umatilla, Morrow and Union counties. Facilitate collaborations as needed to ensure a region-wide early learning platform that works in a coordinated fashion, towards the common goal of school readiness, and with shared metrics.
Provide coordination to ensure resource allocation by the Blue Mountain Early Learning Hub builds on existing promising practice by collaborating organizations and leverages the community/agency (ies) resources in a supportive manner. Provide system-wide support to emerging initiatives that address barriers and systemic problems, monitor and track interventions and outcomes and report on impacts, locally and regionally, showcase partner inputs and the collective outputs.
Engage community enterprise in the early learning efforts of the hub, including system navigation. Monitor areas the hubs greater focus and directed resource allocation for high impact outcomes. Direct and produce the reports on use of blended funding streams while tracking outcomes on priority goals and outputs described in the work plan, contract and grants. Support kindergarten readiness and transition activities. Coordinate hub regional activity as initiatives move from pilot, to beta test phase to roll out phase.
- Provide opportunities for the community to engage and invest in early learning.
- In association with Hub representatives, attend quarterly, semi- annual and state wide public meetings and presentations. Regularly correspond and collaborate with the early learning division on monitoring.
- Assist in monitoring work in subcontracts generated on behalf of the hub for the purposes of grants management/resource dissemination to ensure that reporting and achievements of grant objectives are met. Provide required reports for timely processing of the fiscal and contractual documents needed to be in compliance with all federal, state, county, IMESD and UMCHS rules and regulations.
- Directs the coordination of early learning activities region-wide so to facilitate and leverage existing efforts within the primary early learning providers while accessing and analyzing outcome data designed to enhance school readiness across the domains of education, health and safety.
- Support marketing to ensure promotion of various Hub initiatives.
- Collaborate with Hub staff to collect, analyze, and report data regarding Hub initiatives, community needs and Raise Up Oregon
- Directly responsible for facilitating successful outcomes with regard to the following of priorities on the birth to five continuum:
- Parent Leadership Council (PLC): Creating, facilitating and reporting on a Hub Parent Leadership Council which aims to collect information on family needs and support family voice being heard by community partners
- Support family choice: work with the PLC and marketing so ensure that families know their choices regarding services in the community and how to access those services. Work in partnership with Coordinated Enrollment to ensure families can access services.
- Communication: taking the lead on the writing, organization and distribution of a monthly newsletter that shares hub and partner information with people and organizations across the region.
- Child Care Supply: work with the community and CCR&R to build up quality child care and preschool providers across the region. Work to expand options for families of priority populations.
- Support Kindergarten Transition: organize, implement and report on Jumpstart. Support the bridging of Child Care providers and the K-3 system to facilitate smooth transitions for children and families.
- Identification of a growing partner pool of early learning advocates and providers: Ensures that education data, kindergarten transitions, outreach to communities Birth to Five providers not currently receiving or connected with resources are identified and supported.
- Ensure that parent support and engagement of all three Hub domains: Ensure that culturally competent parent and family engagement is achieved by supporting OPEC (Oregon Parenting Education Collaborative) intersections, and promoting other services provided by regional entities.
- Equity efforts: ensure that Hub work uses equity practices.