Gotham Greens is seeking an Assistant Grower to join our team. This role supports the Head Grower in managing all aspects of crop production at the greenhouse to achieve best-in-class yields and quality. The Assistant Grower plays an important cross-functional role in the company working with the Growing team, Operations team, and other company departments. The primary responsibilities of the Assistant Grower are the crop schedules, plant nutrition, and inventory management in addition to working with the grower on yield, quality and other projects as needed.
- Yield & Quality
- Walk crop daily to monitor for any issues
- Support data collection as needed by Grower
- Crop Scheduling
- Oversee master crop schedule file
- Communicate between growing, operations, sales and distribution on schedule
- Plant Nutrition
- Oversee lab analysis
- Create nutrient recipes – based on lab results, targets and crop needs
- Manage all horticultural inventory planning and ordering
- Food Safety
- This role will serve as food safety representative for the growing team
- Participate in all internal audits and record keeping
- This position supports holiday and 7-day coverage with the rest of the Growing team
- This position supports additional greenhouse related operations tasks as needed
WHO YOU ARE
- College graduate or equivalent trade school credentials
- 2 years prior greenhouse experience preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Chemistry background
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to thrive at work under minimal supervision/direction
- Available to work weekends and work flexible hours if required
The ideal candidate:
- Graduate degree in horticulture or related field
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Passionate commitment to the company vision
- Appreciation to principles of sustainable agriculture and food
WHO WE ARE
Gotham Greens is an indoor farming company and a fresh food brand on a mission to transform the way we approach our food system, putting people and the planet at the forefront. Gotham Greens produces and delivers long-lasting and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings, dips, and cooking sauces all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
A Certified B Corporation™, Gotham Greens sustainably grows high-quality produce using up to 95% less water and 97% less land than conventional farming through its national network of climate-controlled, high-tech greenhouses across America, including locations in New York, Illinois, Rhode Island, Maryland, Virginia, Colorado, and California.
Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America. For more information, visit gothamgreens.com.