QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the travel industry, current market trends and economic factors.
- Strong motivational, Innovative, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiation skills as well as the ability to cultivate leads, build relations, and close the deal.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, listening and leadership skills.
- Financial management skills.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with senior and all levels of management within all departments.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and engage and positively impact other.
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Strong attention to details, especially on contractual agreements etc.
- Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Ability to think in ways as that will produce new concepts and ideas.
- Goal and Team Oriented
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Two or more years of college or a minimum of three to five year’s related industry experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Sales and marketing, front office and/or catering and conference services experience a plus.
- Ability to read, comprehend and provide instructions, both written and verbal.
- Ability to effectively present information to individuals and all sizes of groups (i.e. clients, customers, guests, associates, managers etc.).
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
COMPUTER SKILLS (FOR ADMINISTRATION OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS):
- Computer skills required for communication and reporting- Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience with front office systems and Delphi preferred. Knowledge of GDS and OTA web portals as they apply to transient and leisure travel.
- Proficient in Outlook and Internet applications.
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES:
- Must provide valid document(s) to work in the US.
- Valid California Driver License is required (for specific positions).
The work environment at resort temperature ranges from lows of 30 degrees during the winter season to 80 degrees in the summer. While performing these duties the employee may be exposed to outdoor and inclement weather conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to:
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Lift 25-50 lbs. (for specific positions)
- Sit, stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Reasonable accommodations made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
GROOMING & UNIFORM:
Some positions will be required to wear uniforms. Uniforms are the property of Resort. Uniforms that have been tampered or destroyed will be the responsibility of the employee and disciplinary action will apply.
- Hair must be clean and kept at a reasonable length.
- All Food Servers and Culinary personnel must wear their hair tied back.
- No extreme dying or bleaching of hair is permitted.
- Fingernails must be clean and well-trimmed at all times.
- Antiperspirant or deodorant must be worn.
- Cologne or perfume may be worn at a minimum.
- Nametags must always be worn, unless your department has a specific policy to the contrary.