- B.A. or AA required- Human Services, Criminal Justice, Psychology or related field preferred
- Have reliable transportation, valid CA Class C driver’s license and auto insurance required.
- Bilingual Spanish/English required (written and oral)
- Two years’ experience in a domestic violence program preferred or experience working with at-risk clients
- Knowledge and experience of Family Law, Immigration Law, and the legal system preferred.
- Paralegal Certificate or coursework a plus.
- Understanding of domestic violence issues from victim advocacy perspective.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, databases, internet research, comfort in computer network environment.
- Completion of the 40 Hour Domestic Violence Advocate training preferred (required post-hire if not previously completed).
- Self-motivated, flexible, a good listener, proactive, and team player
- Detail oriented and strong time management skills
- Excellent customer service
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interviewing skills to accurately assess client needs.
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills to assist in the development of strategic partnerships and collaborative projects.
- Must demonstrate an acceptance and respect for cultural diversity in all its forms, including ethnicity, sexual orientation, abilities, and religious backgrounds & demonstrated ability to serve individual from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently and use good judgment.
- Ability to carry out projects and responsibilities to completion.
- Strong interpersonal skills to assist in collaborative projects.
ADA Job Characteristics:
Work environment is primarily in an office setting, and includes travel to see clients or to different sites. Lift and carry up to 25 pounds up to waist length, extend both arms above the head and/or reach below the waist, stoop, squat, crawl, bend the back to open lower-level filing drawers, or to retrieve stored items, climb on stools, steps and/or ladders. Sit and/or stand frequently. Use fine manipulation (hands and wrist) to operate a keyboard, take notes, complete and file reports, file and copy documents. Corrected vision to normal range. Speak in normal vocal tone and range, and communicate clearly and concisely to and with others. Apply normal reasoning and detail as required in the accomplishment of job duties.
Required Background Check
Applicants who are selected for an interview must provide a copy of their state-issued driver's license. They must pass a background investigation to the satisfaction of the agency prior to placement. Since background investigations take time to complete, applicants are encouraged to apply early.