Conversational Spanish a plus (14.77/hour differential pay)
Fluent Spanish Preferred (15.27/ hour differential pay)
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day directly and positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working for the YMCA means just that. Our employees enjoy a diverse & inclusive environment and the opportunity to do cause-driven work to impact our communities through Youth Development, Healthy Living & Social Responsibility.
The Administrative Service Specialist will work with both membership and youth services performing accounting functions, consulting with YMCA staff, members, parents, and volunteers as resources, operating within established business procedures. The Administrative Service Specialist is accountable for delivering accurate, exceptional and outstanding service to YMCA staff, members, parents, and volunteers.
- Exhibit honesty, caring, respect, responsibility, reliability, flexibility, maturity, and good decision-making skills
- Display a professional, courteous, and tactful demeanor at all times; Actively participate in membership, program, and after school retention
- Answer phone calls
- Handle staff, member, parent, and volunteer concerns, and answer questions relating to the YMCA Business Center in a prompt and timely manner
- Display proficiency with various computer programs
- Be responsible for reconciliation, documentation, record and file maintenance of accounts
- Ensure compliance of all cash control procedures on and off-site, as well as daily reconciliation of funds
- Be responsible for the intake of paperwork and accurate completion of data entry for membership, programs, summer camp, and after school
- Communicate with staff, members, parents, and volunteers concerning invoices, collections, refunds, registrations and status
- Handle member and parent concerns with good judgment and discretion
- Be responsible for other duties and projects as necessary to achieve goals and priorities of the Department and the Association
- Be 18 years or older
- Move to various locations in and around the centers
- Bend or stoop to reach to various height levels
- Communicate verbally including clear and understandable speech
- Hear and comprehend as well as communicate verbal and written instructions
- Fully and competently complete all required written forms
- Fully and competently enter and retrieve data from the computer system
Full-time employees receive medical, dental and vision insurance, group life insurance and long-term disability paid by the Y; short-term disability, term life insurance and dependent life insurance is available for purchase; generous paid time off, retirement plan with employer contribution of 12% of salary (subject to eligibility requirements), free YMCA membership, free afterschool childcare and summer day camp and program discounts.
The YMCA of WNC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, faith, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.