The Mountain Adventures & Zipline Maintenance Tech. is responsible for assisting in the monitoring, tracking, maintaining, and repairing of all equipment used on Utah Olympic Park Mountain Adventures Activities. This position above all else is tasked with always ensuring a safe and enjoyable experience for our staff and guests.
Oversight of Maintenance and Repair of all UOP Mountain Adventures activities
- Operate all activities, perform daily inspections, and record inspection information.
- Independently perform periodic inspections of Mountain Adventures activities at the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor
- Work within a team to accomplish maintenance projects
- Assist in performing routine and preventive maintenance
- Assist in larger annual maintenance projects
- Regularly log, inspect, and maintain all equipment involved in UOP Mountain Adventures activities.
- Repair activity equipment as needed
- Assist in building new elements as needed
- Communicate with Mountain Adventures Maintenance Supervisor regarding inspections and repair delays.
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor in maintaining adequate supplies, tools, and equipment for efficient and safe operations of the Mountain Adventures activities.
- Conduct weekly, periodic inspections on all required equipment and maintain accurate logs of all inspections performed.
- Participate in staff training as required for new equipment and or updated procedures.
- Ensure a culture of safety with the operators of the activities.
- Maintain thorough written records of existing equipment, preventative maintenance, and replacement schedules, daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly logs, and any other items related to the operation of the activities.
- Wear park uniform and be always well groomed and neat
- Flexible mindset/ willing to help wherever needed
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge and Essential Skills
- Minimum of one year of experience in maintenance and repair, or operations in the outdoor adventure industry or comparable experience.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and repair both mechanical devices and both unique cable based and climbing related activities.
- Must be comfortable working at heights in a harness.
- Ability to perform strenuous activities often at significant heights, including lifting and building, outdoors in extreme temperatures.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Good computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Proven ability to thoroughly administer tracking and documentation.
- Safety conscious person, ensuring safety of public and staff.
- Ability to work with all user groups in a friendly and accommodating manner.
- Assist in any other areas as assigned.
- Assist other departments in achieving the broader goals of the Foundation.
- A valid Drivers License
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Flexible work schedule must be available to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays
Environmental Job Requirements
- Ability to work outdoors in all temperature/weather extremes
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Hearing to converse with others in a normal conversation
- Balancing, bending, climbing, kneeling, walking, pushing, reaching above shoulders, and sitting
Required In-House Training
- UAF Orientation
- Sexual Harassment
- Drug & Alcohol
- Lock out / Tag out
- Vehicle / ATV operations
- Chemical use
- Mountain Adventures activity trainings
- Equipment specific repair training
- Mountain Adventure inspection training
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of the job description at any time without prior notice.