The Saban Community Clinic was founded on the principle that healthcare is a right, not a privilege. Our clinics provide Whole Person Care to everyone regardless of income or immigration status. This includes medical, behavioral health and dental care.
For over 50 years, we have been redefining community health through a systemic approach that creates a lasting impact on individual lives and creates healthier communities.
Provide timely and efficient technical and clerical support to the dispensary. Maintain excellent customer service standards, both in person and on the telephone. Uphold the Clinic’s mission in providing quality service ensuring patient satisfaction.
Must have experience with insurance billing. Position is full time and pay is $17/hr
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enter prescription information accurately from written prescription orders into the computer.
- Obtain clarifications on prescriptions/orders from prescribers/clinicians when needed.
- Initiate Patients Assistance Programs (PAPs) applications for appropriate medications. Enter information accurately into the data base system. Verify that all patients information is correct/complete
- Stocking medications accurately and performing inventory check whenever required.
- Solicit samples from pharmaceutical companies.
- Participate and assist the pharmacist in the expired medication process (pulling out expired meds every month and segregate those meds from regular inventory) to ensure timely submission.
- Handle patients’ complaints or concerns in a professional manner. Refer patient to appropriate management staff for handling or resolution of issues.
- Current Certification by the State as a Pharmacy Technician required.
- Must have experience with insurance billing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and excel required.
- Two years prior experience in a similar position highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work under minimum supervision, self-starter, reliable and dependable.
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to respond with sensitivity to people of diverse cultures and various lifestyles.
Perks and Benefits:
- Chiropractor/Acupuncture Care
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching
- Generous paid time off
Come join our dynamic team and help make a difference in our patients' lives!