The Maintenance Attendant is responsible for assisting with the completion of preventative maintenance plans, projects, and general repairs of facilities and vehicles at the assigned center.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: We are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: We value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: We believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: We support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: Above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Assist with preventative maintenance and general repairs of HVAC boilers, pumps, motors, small engines, vehicles, pools, and fitness equipment as relevant.
- Assist with the repair and upgrade of facilities, grounds, and vehicles as directed.
- Assist with specific tasks as needed inside and outside the facility including cleaning, painting, landscaping, sweeping, washing, digging, and shoveling, as well as construction-related tasks.
- Utilize Facility Dude and/or other software for tracking daily projects, assignments, and preventative maintenance.
- Assist with the general upkeep of the grounds to ensure that litter, equipment, and debris are out of sight and properly stored.
- Serve as a point of contact for staff and members when a director is not in the building.
- Bring facility-related concerns to the attention of the Property Coordinator/Director.
- Assist in identifying and resolving risk management issues.
- Assist with completing all appropriate paperwork regarding incidents and accidents.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in the maintenance of a commercial facility.
- Must be able to obtain Certified Pool Operator (CPO) if needed.
- Must be able to obtain CDL if needed.
- Must be able to clearly see, hear, and speak.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Must be able to consistently bend, stand, stoop, or walk and swiftly maneuver throughout the facility as needed.
- Must be able to wear required protective equipment, including eye and face protection, as well as closed-toe shoes, gloves, and other personal protective gear while on the job when necessary.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the Camp Watia grounds for each shift.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience in carpentry, electrical, plumbing, grounds upkeep, preventative maintenance, and HVAC is preferred.
- Experience with pool upkeep, both chemistry and mechanical, and painting is preferred.
- Free individual membership to all YMCA of WNC locations
- Discounted membership for household members
- Discounted program fees (swim lessons, youth sports, summer camp and more)
- Start a 403(b) smart savings account on day one of employment (optional) and begin eligibility for YMCA retirement plan
- Professional development opportunities through local and Y-USA trainings
The YMCA of WNC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, faith, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.