Major Tasks and Responsibilities
- Supervise all aspects of Facility Maintenance Dept on a day-to-day basis to ensure all work is performed in a timely, efficient, and safe manner.
- Assist Facility Manager with Safety and Environmental compliance issues.
- Perform maintenance and general repairs on all buildings and grounds and coordinate major repairs and upgrades with contractors, as necessary.
- Participate in internal construction and special projects as required.
- Provide building maintenance support to internal functions and events as needed.
- Assist and assign crew work to be done for Events, setup/teardown, load in/out sheets, maps etc.
- Manage daily assignments and workorders for functional areas, ensuring timely and proper communication and execution of work orders.
- In conjunction with the workorders keep crew moving forward in snow removal projects, assist manager in prioritizing what snow removal needs to be done and in what order.
- Work with contractors to make sure work being done on-site is completed. Assist contractors if they need help such as trash pickup, HVAC, Plumbing, Janitorial etc.
- Keep Facilities Manager informed of activities and significant problems at the park, trouble shooting and elevating as necessary.
- In conjunction with the Facility Manager successfully manage and maintain dept safety program, policies/procedures and develop short-term and long-term goals and plans for the department and staff.
- Utilizing building walkthroughs, develop and implement preventive maintenance, repair and replacement tasks, and schedules for the venue buildings and equipment.
- Maintain Housing maintenance projects and assign tasks that need to be completed for the upkeep, and turnaround of rooms. Work with Housing manager to make sure we are keeping current on projects and preventative maintenance for the building.
- Assist in training all new onboarding employees.
- Participate as a member of the UOP Haz-Mat Team.
- Other duties as needed.
Required Knowledge and Essential Skills
- Experience in creating and maintaining maintenance schedules
- 5 years experience coordinating and monitoring contractor services
- Experience with security, fire alarm systems and testing requirements preferred, but not required
- A valid driver’s license
- Overall knowledge of vehicles, and small machinery & heavy equipment.(including snow removal)
- Superior organizational, coordination, multi-tasking abilities with strong attention to detail.
- Proactive and positive attitude.
- Must work well in a team environment with the ability to lead.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional and positive relationships with external groups.
- Flexible work schedule – must be available to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays
Environmental Job Requirements
- Ability to work outdoors in all temperature/weather extremes.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand on feet for extended time
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Hearing – to converse with others in a normal conversation
- Balancing, bending, climbing, kneeling, walking, pushing, reaching above shoulders, and sitting
Required In-House Training
- UAF Orientation
- Sexual Harassment
- Drug & Alcohol
- Hazardous Communications Program
- Shelter in-place
- Confined Space training
- Hazardous Response Team (Hazwoper) training
- Respiratory protection use
- Fire extinguisher use
- Lock Out/Tag Out authorized
- Internal vehicle use
- All terrain vehicle use
- Fall protection
- Radio protocol
- Building maintenance manual
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of the job description at any time without prior notice.