Hours Monday - Friday 8 am - 1 pm
Seasonal Position June 5th - August 21st
The Sports Instructor 1 is responsible for implementing and organizing a recreational league or clinic for the upcoming season. The Instructor strives to deliver a quality program where participants can learn the fundamentals of the assigned sport.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: We are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: We value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: We believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: We support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: Above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Assist with set up and take down of athletic equipment
- Responsible for gathering all game day equipment, supplies, and materials for the weekend’s game.
- Officiate youth soccer, basketball, flag football, baseball, or any particular sport a branch may provide
- Monitor gym or fields during practices and report any negative behavior to the proper channels
- Monitor practices and assist coaches if needed with proper equipment
- Assist with the organization, leadership, direction, and emergency response team to the sports events.
- Manage department equipment and field preparation.
- Know and understand all YMCA policies and procedures and ensure that all these procedures are always consistently enforced.
- Assist as needed in emergency situations and as outlined in emergency procedures.
- Engage with members, participants, co-workers, directors, and volunteers in a positive and professional manner.
- Ensure participant safety.
- Ability to constantly and quickly move to various locations in and around the entire facility
- Physically perform all CPR and First Aid skills and/or assist as needed in emergency situations
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Bend or stoop to reach various height levels
- Free individual membership to all YMCA of WNC locations
- Discounted membership for household members
- Discounted program fees (swim lessons, youth sports, summer camp and more)
- Start a 403(b) smart savings account on day one of employment (optional) and begin eligibility for YMCA retirement plan
- Professional development opportunities through local and Y-USA trainings
The YMCA of WNC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, faith, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.