Please note: We are interested in every qualified candidate who is legally eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas at this time.
Pathway Capital Management is a Southern California based Registered Investment Adviser specializing in the formation and management of funds of funds investing in private equity partnerships on behalf of large institutional investors.
About the position:
At Pathway, Cash Accountants must have one to two years of experience working full-time in an accounting position, which includes the following types of responsibilities:
- Extensive use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Effectively provide written and verbal communication to external parties
- Compilation and interpretation of accounting data
- Multitasking on duties with varying levels of priority
This position works closely with the Fund Accounting Management Team on all aspects of cash management for assigned funds.
Summary of Position Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of cash management for assigned funds, including:
- Assessing cash requirements to determine timing of draws from or distributions to investors.
- Summarizing cash activities on cash summary report.
- Process investor cash flow transactions into the firm's proprietary database, prepare and send investor cashflow notices.
- Process routine and non-routine disbursements on behalf of the funds:
- Obtain foreign currency quotes
- Enter into foreign currency contracts
- Approve outgoing wires via on-line banking system
- Perform internal cash transfers via on-line banking system
- Reporting responsibilities:
- Daily large dollar notification to bank
- Monthly drawdown projections analysis
- Monthly cash reports for custody accounts if applicable
- Semi-annual partnership capital call delinquency report
- Semi-annual investor drawdown notification report
The successful candidate must possess:
- A Bachelors degree in Accounting or a closely related course of study
- Experience in treasury functions, a plus
- Experience in investment industry, a plus
All regular full-time employees at Pathway Capital Management, LP enjoy a generous benefits package which includes:
- Employee insurance coverage provided with a $10 per paycheck contribution for medical, dental and vision plans and $45 per paycheck contribution for coverage of dependents.
- Pathway observes 10 holidays per year. All regular full-time employees are eligible for holiday pay.
- Pathway provides an additional 4 days paid Holiday Time Off during the weeks of Christmas or New Year’s Day to regular full-time employees.
- Use of a fitness center located in The Boardwalk
Pathway has analyzed over 12,800 private equity fund opportunities for potential investment and has monitored over 3,000 private equity partnership investments. Our senior professionals have established long-term relationships with leading general partner groups and maintain an investment industry reputation that gives Pathway unique and continued access to the highest-quality investments. As a result, we have consistently created successful private equity programs for clients and have remained a leader among private equity management firms.
Pathway’s employees work out of offices in California (Home office), Rhode Island, London and Hong Kong. Pathway is an independent company, wholly owned by its 19 senior professionals. Pathway offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
It is our policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment based on race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, or other protected classification. All U.S. employees are covered by workers compensation.