United Way of Southwestern Pennsylvania is seeking a Quality and Training Manager for our 211 Contact Center located in Pittsburgh, PA. Similar to the 9-1-1 service, 211 is a nationally recognized, easy-to-remember phone number that quickly and effectively connects people in need with resources. In the case of 2-1-1, the connections are to human services and community resources tailored to meet caller needs. We also help low-income households to schedule free tax prep appointments, and we are currently helping seniors to schedule their COVID-19 vaccinations. Our Pittsburgh office currently services 30 counties across PA, including the Erie and Philadelphia regions.
The Quality and Training Manager will be responsible for ensuring our 211 Contact Center meets or exceeds all quality standards and that our callers have a positive experience in their time of need. The manager will also be responsible for oversight of the Contact Center staff training program, including new employee orientation and ongoing training sessions for our team of 45+ resource navigators. The manager will participate in attaining and maintaining accreditation for both individual staff as well as the Contact Center as a whole from the International Alliance of Information and Referral Systems (AIRS).
- Review, analyze and report on referrals made by contact center staff to ensure that all meet community standards for accuracy and efficiency and are delivered in a compassionate manner; ensure that referrals successfully met the needs of the clients via follow-ups
- Establish and maintain quality assurance standards:
- Identify service gaps and training opportunities
- Design and implement quality control metrics to measure and build customer and stakeholder satisfaction
- Manage a Quality Circle to foster continuous process improvement; design, implement and report on process improvement opportunities
- Support the system with research, information updates, and technical assistance to ensure quality of service to callers; engage in creative problem solving to address more complex and challenging cases
Training & Development Responsibilities:
- Manage the Contact Center training program, including organizing and conducting training as well as creating and updating materials for use during training sessions
- Determine ongoing training needs for Contact Center staff, including ensuring staff successfully attain appropriate AIRS certifications and maintain yearly requirements for ongoing certification
- Master PA 211 software, such as 8x8 VCC System, RTM, Appointment Plus, EMS Texting software and Olark Chat platform; assist team in using these systems to their full capacity
- Identify and maintain regional PA 211 success stories
- Provide coaching sessions with call center staff based on performance scorecards and identified areas of individual improvement
- Accurately track all quality management activities to ensure performance plans are identified and followed
- Participate in rotating on-call responsibilities with management team members. This includes rotating evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Attain and maintain AIRS accreditation for areas of responsibility
- Other duties and projects as assigned