QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge in Virginia foster care laws and processes
- Knowledge or understanding of the U.S. Refugee Resettlement program
- SAFE trained
- Master’s degree (MSW) from an accredited college or university with licensure in Virginia LSW/LCSW.
- Culturally competent: experience with different cultures, religions, and nationalities.
- Experience in writing cohesive and coherent court reports, treatment plans, contact notes, and monthly reports.
- Knowledge of trauma based practices and working with youth
- Experience in family therapy and/or trauma informed therapy.
- Bilingual preferred
- Will be required to pass background check in DC, Maryland, and Virginia.
- Must have reliable and accessible transportation
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance
- 2 plus years of experience in child welfare
- 2 plus years of experience in SAFE home study assessment, preferably in Virginia
- 2 plus years of experience in the foster care system - Virginia
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel)
- Experienced in data collection systems
- Ability to manage time well.
- Ability to work independently and in a group.
- Spanish speaking a plus.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lutheran Social Services of the National Capital Area does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, or military service.