- Applicant must have the ability to perform all of the above duties.
- Commitment to serving low income clients.
- Ability to use internet, database and computer word processing programs.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to interact productively with diverse community populations.
- Spanish-English fluency required.
- Applicants must have car and car insurance.
- Knowledge of researching and investigation methods including computer research.
- Knowledge of interviewing techniques
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn the techniques of conducting community outreach events.
- Ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with adverse parties, under the supervision of the attorney.
A highly qualified and desirable candidate would also have the following:
- Experience working with low-income families and communities.
- Experience in a non-profit legal services environment.
- Additional language ability relevant to the primary communities.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Competitive public interest union salary scale, generous healthcare benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance) and 401K retirement plan contribution. Generous paid Holidays, paid vacation and paid sick days.
CRLA invites all applicants to include in their cover letter a statement about how your unique background and/or experiences might contribute to the diversity, cultural vitality, and perspective of our staff and legal services practice.
California Rural Legal Assistance thrives on our diversity and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a culturally diverse workplace and strongly encourage women, persons of color, LGBTQ individuals, veterans, persons with disabilities, and persons from other underrepresented groups to apply.