- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience practicing immigration law with experiences processing U- and T-Visas, VAWA applications, Notices to Appear, and/or Removal/Deportation Proceedings
- Bilingual abilities in Spanish and English
- Proven ability to organize and supervise the case work and advocacy of team members
- Demonstrated ability to interact constructively with diverse populations and team members
- Willingness to participate and support development/funding efforts to support immigration practice
- Demonstration or commitment to working with low-income, marginalized and diverse populations
- Adept at tracking, maintaining and reporting statistics to funders
- Willingness and ability to travel approximately 35% of the time
Preferred Education and Experience:
A highly qualified and desirable candidate would also have the following:
- Admitted to the California Bar
- Experience in supervising others, preferably in a legal services environment
- Ability to develop and implement innovative service delivery models with limited resources
- Experience in the non-profit or public sectors
- Fluency in an additional language
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary DOE; Generous benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, and 401K retirement plan contribution. Fourteen (14) paid Holidays, generous vacation and sick leave policy, some professional dues paid by CRLA and if qualified - participation in the School Loan Reimbursement Assistance Program (LRAP).
California Rural Legal Assistance thrives on our diversity and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a culturally diverse workplace and strongly encourage women, persons of color, LGBTQ individuals, veterans, persons with disabilities, and persons from other underrepresented groups to apply.