THIS POSITION IS ELIGIBLE FOR A SIGN ON BONUS OF $1500!! FIRST HALF WILL BE PAID OUT ON THE FIRST PAYCHECK FOLLOWING 6 MONTHS OF EMPLOYMENT AND THE FINAL HALF WILL BE PAID OUT AFTER ON THE FIRST PAYCHECK FOLLOWING ONE YEAR OF EMPLOYMENT!
The Licensed Dental Assistant position performs duties related to four handed chairside assisting for all varieties of dental procedures. The LDA must possess knowledge to perform all duties to enhance the smooth functioning of the dental clinic and perform all expanded functions permissible with a Minnesota License working independently under the direction of the dentist.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Consistently practices and ensures the use of universal precautions, hazardous and infectious waste precautions/handling, and right-to-know
- The assistant monitors and maintains operatory supplies, instruments, and equipment in preparation for patient care
- The assistant will have general office skills to include knowledge of major insurance carriers, the discount program, and assist patients to complete necessary forms
- Ability to establish good rapport with patients of various socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and adapt with flexibility in diverse and sometimes stressful situations. Performs other related duties as assigned
A full list of current competencies is available by asking the supervising manager. They include, but are not limited to:
- Dental Assistant Rooming and Support Competency
- High Level Disinfection Competency
- Instrument Cleaning, Wrapping/Packaging, and Sterilization Competency
- Hand Hygiene Competency
- X-ray Placement Competency
- Blood Pressure Competency
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Work environment is that of a typical general dental practice. This position is very active and requires standing, and/or walking, bending, kneeling, and stooping. The employee may need to lift and/or move items over 20 pounds.
Who We Are
As Minnesota's largest Federally Qualified Health Center, Minnesota Community Care ensures that the communities we serve have access to high quality and affordable health care. Our patients predominantly identify as people of color (80%), low-wealth (61% patients = 200% FPL), and un/under-insured (40% uninsured, 45% publicly insured) (UDS, 2020).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minnesota Community Care values building a culturally diverse staff that reflects the communities it serves, and strongly encourages women, minorities, and persons with disabilities to apply. Minnesota Community Care is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.