The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Division of Finance has central responsibility and authority for policy analysis, program development, performance tracking and improvement, financial management, resource maximization and technical assistance. Finance helps to ensure that programs and administrative operations have the information, analysis, funding, and technical capacity to deliver critical services effectively and meet DOHMH's objectives.
Location: 42-09 28th Street, LIC, NY 11101
The Bureau of Budget and Revenue within the Division of Finance requests to hire an Assistant Director for Capital and Financial Management Systems.
- Oversees the analysts responsible for managing DOHMH’s $1.1B capital portfolio and the budget transactions in the city’s Financial Management System (FMS). The analysts are responsible for:
- monitoring the budget and spending for the capital portfolio.
- coordinating the Certificate to Proceed (CP) process for capital encumbrances and spending.
- approving all capital purchase requisitions and contracts.
- maintaining and monitoring Agency budget modifications for all budgetary transactions in FMS and ensuring compliance with approved financial plans and grant allocations.
- Serves as liaison to DOHMH programs to address capital questions, forecasting, and spending
- Provides project management and analytic support to DOHMH programs on capital projects
- Oversees the application, implementation, modification, and closing out process
- Assists in the preparation, review, and implementation of the financial plans
- Assists in ad hoc analyses and inquiries to requests from senior management and/ or outside entities, including City Hall, City Council, and Office of Management and Budget.