C&I Engineering is looking for a talented driven individual to join our team in Chicago, IL!
If you love solving complex engineering problems while providing quality service and developing meaningful networks with clients then this may be the place for you!
About the opportunity:
C&I is a full service, employee owned, engineering design firm providing engineering/design/project management and procurement services to various clients. We are currently seeking a full-time Experienced Power and Controls Engineer at our Chicago, IL office to help us achieve our company mission. This person will be part of the Power & Controls team which is responsible for developing designs for electrical, instrument and control systems and performing a variety of computer-based modeling, design, engineering and planning tasks on projects.
We are expanding and working on some of the largest and most complex projects in various industries such as Refining, Bourbon, Chemical, BioProducts… You name it! When we take on a project, it’s personal. We feel that even though we may only be responsible for a portion, in effect, it’s all “our” project. This sense of ownership, this unwavering commitment to excellence and a devotion to each task is not situational. It is an integral part of our process and at the very core of who we are as a company. As we grow, we need hardworking people to help contribute to our collaborative culture and solve the engineering challenges of tomorrow.
- Preparing complete design packages, including construction scope of work, for complex projects that meet design intents and customer expectations. Designs are well coordinated with other departments.
- Resolving coordination conflicts effectively, negotiating win-win solutions to multi-discipline project design issues.
- With appropriate support, ensuring vendor submittals meet intended use. Coordinating multi-discipline review of vendor documents. Resolving conflicting comments. Considering costs associated with requested changes. Preparing a single set of comments for response to vendor.
- Monitoring and reports progress against engineering schedules and budgets. Independently taking corrective actions to meet plan.
- Developing independent quality plan to supplement normal project execution plan when appropriate. Ensuring accuracy, completeness and consistency in the work produced in concert with project team objectives and customer expectations.
Why join us:
At C&I, we are committed to the safety and success of our coworkers and clients. We are employee owned and committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
Our core values include:
- People: Building our company on diversity, development and experience
- Quality: Doing the right things right
- Ownership: Holding ourselves and our teams accountable for results
- Service: Understanding our partners and providing valued solutions
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including ESOP, a flexible work schedule, competitive compensation, paid holidays and vacation, tuition reimbursement, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, and retirement plans.
C&I is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.