The Shop Foreman plans, organizes and controls the operations of the shop to produce orders for shipment.
Essential Job Responsibilities
1. Responsible for product production
- Review prior day’s shipping and receiving activity, upcoming shipment reports, existing and projected orders to develop and plan daily work orders
- Interpret order details to ensure the production formulas and the final product meets all technical standards and specifications
- Schedule, plan and coordinate machine time to produce orders
- Coordinate efforts with the Planner / Buyer to order and ensure sufficient inventory of materials, packaging, labels etc... are available to meet orders
- Coordinate efforts with Customer Service to expedite orders with a focus of on time delivery
- Coordinate efforts with Shipping / Receiving to expedite orders with a focus of on time delivery
- Coordinate with Engineering with respect to custom work and update Bills of Material (BOM)
2. Responsible to ensure products meet customer and Quality Control requirements
- Obtain Certificates of Compliance on specified product lines
3. Responsible for maintenance schedule
- Proactively maintain the integrity of manufacturing through proactive repair and maintenance
- Recommend and coordinate repair and replacement of equipment or parts
4. Manage the Department
- Manage department staff with respect to strategic and proactive hiring, performance management, disciplinary action, and termination of employment. Identify and provide coaching, mentoring, and training to enhance employee professional development and add value to the company.
- Proactively address employee issues and coordinates with the Plant Manager and Human Resources including grievances, workplace injuries etc...
- Ensure safety rules are followed in compliance with MSDA’s with respect to protective equipment and use of machinery and tools.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Computer savvy
- Mathematical aptitude
- MIG Welding Experience
- Resourceful, organized and detail oriented
- Proven record of promoting teamwork across functionalities
- Common sense and critical thinking
- Creative problem solving skills combined with sound judgment
- Proven ability to prioritize