Job Title: Desktop Support Analyst
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Director of IT Infrastructure
- Demonstrate a powerful sense of internal customer service and a strong work ethic to positively contribute to the company’s mission and vision.
- Requires sound written and verbal communication skills; must be able to communicate proficiently to a non-technical audience.
- Standard desktop support skills: troubleshooting, installing, repairing desktops/laptops, a wide range of printing devices, multi-platform mobile devices, scan guns, etc.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks within a high-pressure environment using creative problem-solving skills for timely resolution of IS issues.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
- Ability to research software/hardware issues and new products as required.
- Familiarity is preferred in the following areas:
- Helpdesk ticketing software
- Desktop enterprise application installations
- Active Directory / GPO / MFA
- Microsoft O365 / Exchange
- Remote network access software
- LAN administration / cabling / punch down / connections and troubleshooting
- Anti-virus/anti-spam cloud software/ EDR / PAM
- VoIP telephony – Shortel / Mitel
- VPN applications (FortiClient, Cisco)
- Cloud video surveillance systems (administration)
- Badging system (administration)
- Bar-coding and scanning systems
- Video conferencing systems
- Data management
- File systems / file server
- Printer / print server queues and set up
- Cloud applications (OneDrive, Smartsheet, Adobe Cloud, and other applications)
A two-year degree is strongly preferred, emphasizing information systems-related coursework and/or at least two years’ equivalent work experience.
The Desktop Support Analyst is responsible for: three-tier support for over a multitude of platforms and possessing a background in handling different software and hardware needs of computers and users; applying logic to solve technical issues quickly; providing excellent customer service to ALL customers; and developing and maintaining a vast technical knowledge to remediate the technical challenges with both hardware and software under minimal supervision.
- Provide technical support for hardware and software issues, including diagnosing and resolving problems with the ability to effectively communicate solutions by phone, email, and in person.
- Provide technical support for IP/digital/analog phone repairs, adds, changes, and moves.
- Train and assist staff in the use of hardware and software, new user orientation, and coordinate any vendor-provided training.
- Creation of user profiles in Active Directory and other software programs as required.
- Conduct hardware and software configuration changes as designated by published best practice guidelines.
- Assist with the procurement and inventory management of equipment and software.
- Serve as a liaison with vendors, consultants, and end users.
- Create and update documentation for the knowledge base.
- Remain vigilant in the pursuit and presentation of process improvement and enhanced efficiency.
- Maintain a sanitary and safe work environment.
- Follow safety requirements.
- May actively participate in the company’s Safety Committee.
- Ensure that company safety policy and federal, state, and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
- To ensure quality, safety, efficiency, and sustainability, you must have a complete understanding of company policies, SOPs, QPs, EPs, HACCP, and cGMP.
- Examine documents, materials, and products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/or designee.
- This position participates in the on-call rotation, responding to tickets after hours as needed.
- Work on projects periodically that may require weekend work.