Required Knowledge of:
- Principles, practices, and techniques of providing security services.
- Tactics and methods of self-defense.
- Computer hardware and software applications.
Required Skill in:
- Providing safety and security services.
- Confronting and physically restraining aggressive, violent, or abusive people.
- Performing alcohol intervention techniques.
- Operating computer hardware and software applications.
- Communicating both orally and in writing.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others.
Education, Experience, Licenses, Registrations, and Certifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, and six (6) months guest service, security, military, law enforcement, corrections, firefighter, or emergency medical services work experience, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience. In the case that guest service is the only experience; the casino will provide new hires security training at the Security department’s expense.
- High security gaming license issued by the Grand Ronde Gaming Commission.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and be eligible for the company insurance.
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain First Aid and CPR Certification within six months of employment.
- Must successfully pass testing related to following skills: typing, customer service mindset and report writing.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Work is normally performed in a gaming environment, frequently exposed to loud noise and tobacco smoke.
- Work is normally subject to frequent standing, sitting, walking, bending, reaching, kneeling and routine lifting of objects up to 25 pounds, with occasional lifting and/or moving of objects up to 200 pounds with or without assistance.
- Routine use of hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasional exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather, and Oleo Resin Capsicum.
- Must be able to pass random drug tests in accordance with Company policy.
Equipment and Tools Utilized:
- Equipment utilized includes personal computer, standard office equipment, equipment used in the provision of emergency and security services such as latex gloves, sharp shuttles, scissors, ID checker, handcuffs, flashlights, jump pack, lug wrench, car jack, telephone, audio/video equipment, two-way radio, and department vehicles.