Susquehanna Printing is looking for a Part-Time Prepress Technician to assist our team with building display ads, creating accurate ad copies, and editing supplied digital files to meet press specs. As well as accurately proofreading to assure that final advertising copy, photos and graphics match customer supplied material.
This position will work 25-28 hours per week, days will vary.
Susquehanna Printing is part of a long tradition of printing in Lancaster County, beginning in the mid-1860s. Our long-standing expertise in printing continues to this day, as Susquehanna Printing produces the daily LNP newspaper and four local weekly newspapers, plus tabloids, books, and periodicals for businesses throughout the mid-Atlantic region. Susquehanna Printing is part of Steinman Communications.
Susquehanna Printing has expanded its business to include state-of-the-art solutions for scheduling, layout, digital printing, inserting, binding, direct mail, and quality control.
Why Work for Us?
We know that employees are a business’s greatest asset and the primary driver of success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who are bright, curious, flexible, and energetic.
As a part-time team member at Susquehanna Printing, you’ll enjoy:
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Essential Job Functions (Full Description):
- Performs tasks in a safe and efficient manner, immediately addressing any safety issues or deficiencies that may arise.
- Create compelling, clean, accurate, error-free ads in a timely manner. Reading and following supplied layouts with detailed instructions or sometimes with minimal or incomplete information while being creative.
- Set/type advertising copy
- Proofread files understanding proofreader marks, checking spelling and grammar for accuracy
- Process electronic data (PDF, JPG, TIF, EPS, etc.) provided by customers via email, FTP sites, websites or supplied disks
- Proficiently tone electronic color and B&W photos including quality cut outs as needed
- Work with customer supplied files so they reproduce properly in the paper
- Ability to edit customer supplied PDFs in Acrobat and or Pitstop
- Identify potential print problems and or errors, prior to the files being published
- Operate scanners on both Mac & PC platform
- Type Mailbox Markets into web forms
- Work with e-mail, websites or FTP sites, such as but not limited to, downloading artwork for ads or comics/puzzles for editorial
- Work with the editorial department to paginate news on the pages
- Assist the Pre-Press department in other responsibilities to assure that all publications are produced in accordance with established production timelines
- Report to work on-time, work full shift and work overtime as needed
- Able to work a varied schedule, days and times based on anticipated departmental workloads
In addition to the essential functions listed above, the employee is expected to exercise honesty, integrity and respect with all clients and co-workers, maintain a professional appearance and demeanor, demonstrate a positive attitude, communicate effectively with co-workers and clients, work with accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail, respect the work environment and keep it as neat and clean as possible, and exercise initiative to learn new skills and tasks and to help co-workers when possible. The employee is also expected to perform such other duties and functions as required from time to time.
Susquehanna Printing is conveniently located right off the Greenfield exit on Route 30, you have access to countless shops and restaurants within minutes and easy access to major cities in the Central PA area such as Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington D.C.