**To be considered for the position you must complete our job application directly through our website: https://wnpa.org/join-our-team/
Employment with WNPA requires that you submit proof of full vaccination for the COVID-19 virus unless you have requested and been approved for a medical or sincerely held religious exemption.
Job: Full-Time Retail Park Store Manager in Crow Agency, Montana
Do you love national parks? Western National Parks Association (WNPA), a nonprofit partner of the National Park Service (NPS), is seeking a Full-Time Retail Park Store Manager who will lead the daily retail operations of Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument in Crow Agency, Montana. The park store is an extension of the national park experience and we pride ourselves on helping park visitors create lifetime memories. Revenue from purchases made at the park store supports education, research, national park projects, and community engagement at 71 national park units across 12 western states.
Our retail operations team is looking for a passionate leader who will be responsible for all store functions related to running a retail store including but not limited to achieving sales and high customer service ratings. In addition to supporting business planning and financial growth of store operations, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining positive, productive relationships with our National Park partners. If you love being in national parks and believe in working for an organization with a social purpose, this job opportunity is for you!
Apply Now: Little Bighorn Battlefield Park Store Manager
- Lead and manage all day-to-day retail store operations.
- Provide excellent visitor and customer service.
- Manage store inventory levels, facilities, and other assets.
- Responsible for clean and effective merchandising of products.
- Hire, train, lead and retain staff.
- Monitor and drive store initiatives to reach financial goals.
- Conduct physical inventory cycle and year-end counts to ensure accurate inventory.
- Analyze and provide recommendations on store profit and loss statements and budgets.
- Collaborate with NPS and WNPA Home Office staff to develop educational retail sales products that engage visitors.
- Conduct daily, weekly, and monthly sales monitoring and reporting.
- Supervise all paid and volunteer WNPA staff members.
- Act as an ambassador of WNPA and the NPS to ensure park visitors have meaningful and memorable experiences.
This position will have the following physical demands with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Primarily perform work indoors, where temperature is moderate and controlled by office environmental systems. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, but may become loud during times of high customer volume or special events. Occasional work may be performed outside under natural conditions. Environment will vary when outside work or travel is required.
- Stand and walk for up to 8 hours per day. Desk time is occasionally required. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Make repetitive motions, especially of the hands and wrist (grasp, pinch, type, write) and legs and back (stand, sit, walk, bend, kneel, crouch).
- Regularly climb and balance to hang merchandise and retrieve product.
- Communicate effectively (talk, listen and hear, see both near and far with accurate depth and color perception).
- Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally push and/or pull up to 50 pounds a distance of about 25 feet.
Occasional travel may be required to various local events or speaking engagements. Occasional overnight trips may be required. Additionally, may be required to use personal or company vehicles.