The Human Resources Generalist operates as an internal consultant for clinics and other MCC facilities. Primarily customer facing, the generalist acts as a coach and consultant, training and developing managers, working with supervisors to resolve employee relations issues and acting as a conduit between staff and other members of the human resources team.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Provides guidance to management with personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, corrective actions, and terminations, as well as in support of strategic organizational initiatives
- Works closely with business unit leaders in the appropriate resolution of employee relations issues, including leading workplace investigations
- Reinforces the organizations core values, ethical and behavioral expectations through modeling, communication, and coaching
- Trains and coaches management in HR-related topics such as interviewing, hiring, employee engagement, training & development, performance management, and succession planning
- Assists in administering performance review programs to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within the organization
- Helps facilitate periodic employee engagement surveys and related action plans
- Reviews and processes unemployment compensation claims and workers compensation claims as needed
- Reports any real or suspected violation of the corporate compliance program, company policies, and procedures, harassment, or other prohibited activities in accordance with the reporting policies of the company
- Obtains clarification of policy whenever necessary and may use the resources available through the Compliance, Human Resources, or Legal to do so
- Must have the ability to travel between all our MCC sites
- Commitment to driving diversity, equity and inclusion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication, leadership, and planning skills
- Proven strategic agility, ability to succeed in a fast-paced, continuously evolving environment
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Onsite at assigned clinic(s) two days per week; flexibility for 2-3 days remote.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to perform computer-related work. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Who We Are
As Minnesota's largest Federally Qualified Health Center, Minnesota Community Care ensures that the communities we serve have access to high quality and affordable health care. Our patients predominantly identify as people of color (80%), low-wealth (61% patients = 200% FPL), and un/under-insured (40% uninsured, 45% publicly insured) (UDS, 2020).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minnesota Community Care values building a culturally diverse staff that reflects the communities it serves, and strongly encourages women, minorities, and persons with disabilities to apply. Minnesota Community Care is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.