KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with team members.
- Demonstrates care, courtesy, and concern in all interactions.
- Provides culturally sensitive care including consideration for diverse cultures, ethnicity, language, community, and beliefs.
- Ability to multitask is crucial.
- Must demonstrate operating knowledge of computers with a demonstrable, basic level skill (at minimum) with Outlook, Word, Excel and other comparable software programs.
- Must be willing to work in office and hospital setting, where exposure to bio-hazardous materials could occur.
The employee in this position must uphold the core values of LifeCenter; these include:
- Integrity: We are trustworthy, reliable, respectful, and accountable.
- Collaboration: We work in partnership with others, seeking to understand and be understood, and finding common ground and shared goals to build upon together.
- Courage: We take personal responsibility and face challenges head-on.
- Service: Through professionalism and dedication, we honor our commitment to serve others and our obligation to be good stewards of the gift of life.
- This position requires on-call responsibilities, must be able to work up to seven consecutive days on-call.
- Travel is essential to this position; consequently, the employee must be prepared to travel by automobile and aircraft within and outside the LifeCenter Northwest service area.
- Must prepare daily, with all the necessary supplies, to perform and complete organ donor cases when on call.
- This position is required to follow hospital immunization, health screening, and background check requirements. Immunizations and tests will be provided by LifeCenter Northwest as required.
- The employee is required to lift up to 50 pounds with or without assistance.
ANTICIPATED WEEKLY TIME COMMITMENT
This position requires on-call availability, evening, weekend work, and may have to work extended shifts in a medical setting. Some duties are required to be completed during off-call time.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Five years of experience in emergency or critical care and ACLS mandatory.
- Bachelor’s degree with previous ORC experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- ORCs must obtain their CPTC within two years of hire date.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and access to an insured automobile or the ability to arrive and depart from work and work related functions at expected times.
Based on considerations of various state requirements within our service area, Organ Procurement Organization industry practices, our hospital and community partner requirements, and our commitment to the safety of our people and communities, LifeCenter Northwest has made the decision to require members of our workforce to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by October 18, 2021.
Proof of vaccination, or applicable medical or religious exemption will be required as a condition of employment upon offer. For those that need to complete the vaccination series, start dates will be adjusted.
LifeCenter Northwest is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.