QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Current knowledge of regional and national trends in food and beverage.
- Thorough knowledge of all food preparation techniques and styles.
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates.
- Basic competence in subordinates duties and tasks.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Five years related experience in a high-volume, upscale environment in a hotel restaurant and banquet kitchen.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Resort and/or hospitality experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equal to a GED.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must speak and communicate in English.
- Must be able to clearly communicate with guests, management and coworkers.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Proficient in Outlook and Internet applications.
- Payroll and timekeeping skills a plus.
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES:
- Must provide Manager/Supervisory Food Handler Certification.
- Must provide valid document(s) to work in the US.
- Valid California Driver License is required (for specific positions).
The work environment at Company ranges from wintertime lows of 30 degrees to summertime highs to 80+ degrees. While performing these duties the employee may be exposed to outdoor and inclement weather conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to:
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Lift 25-50 lbs. (for specific positions)
- Sit, stand, and walk for long periods of time.
- Reasonable accommodations made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.