WHO WE ARE:
Looking good in orange.
Traffic Management, Inc. is the largest privately-owned minority business based in the United States. TMI is well equipped to provide best in class products and services that include traffic control services, engineering, equipment rentals, product sales, sign manufacturing/installation and 24/7 emergency dispatch response.
TMI utilizes a proprietary technology which is a shared, yet secure, cloud-based communication and project management system called “TM-Soft”. This enables TMI clients to share real time needs in terms of changing equipment, driving directions, traffic control, crews as well as crew contact information, documents, and location maps that show existing or new conditions overview of jobs – no matter how complex.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who are passionate, think differently, and want to make impact. In our fast paced, ever-changing environment, our team members accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities and make a difference. Join us for a rewarding career with opportunities to innovate, have fun and be part of an extraordinary work culture.
WHO YOU ARE:
A key member of the organization to help support the company in an operational capacity. If you enjoy leading a team and providing support on a day-to-day basis this is the job for you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As an Operations Manager, you will have a direct support role to the Branch/Regional Manager and many of the functions of that position. The Operations Manager should serve as a day-to-day backup for the Branch/Regional Manager in an operational capacity
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- Develop and maintain a firm understanding of the branch’s Profit & Loss statement to implement strategic operational efficiencies and a proactive approach to budgeting
- Understanding and providing reports on operational metrics
- Responsible for following proper administrative procedures such as purchase orders, billing paperwork, invoices, work receipts, etc.
- Work with centralized dispatch on scheduling of all field operations
- Responsible for accurate and timely submission of all paperwork including work receipts for field staff, billing worksheets, purchase orders, change orders, petty cash reports, expense reports, and all paperwork as assigned
- Responsible for all reports regarding safety; accident reports, etc.
- Maintain communication with sub-contractors on the work progress
- Responsible for all aspects of inventory controls and reporting (monthly at a minimum). The Operations Manager should take the initiative to propose solutions for enhanced inventory methods and if necessary, staffing for better overall inventory controls
- Responsible for any paperwork related to inventory, sales, rentals, and rental equipment
- Ensure a professional, stimulating, and supportive work environment in the field as well as in the office
- Recruitment, training, cross‐training, and development of all staff
- Conduct employee performance reviews during the 90 day orientation period, at 6 months, and annually providing recommendations for salary and development initiatives per TMI and/or local union rules
- Employee reprimands, counseling, suspensions, and terminations as approved by the corporate office
- Responsible for facility maintenance, security, and safety
- Ensure compliance to OSHA standards.
- Responsible for the facility’s image, appearance, and organization
- With approval from the corporate office, set up all vendor and utility accounts
- Obtain permits and licenses as required as well as being responsible for all permit checks issued to branch office as approved by the corporate office
- Responsible for all aspects of fleet management, maintenance, and reporting as directed by the corporate office and the TMI Fleet Manager
- Responsible for all areas of safety including operations being performed in the field. Operations Manager will drive safety initiatives including regular safety meetings, OSHA compliance, OSHA reporting forms (300A, etc.), training of all staff and other initiatives as directed by management in order to maintain an excellent safety record
- Conduct monthly safety meetings to reinforce safety commitment and training, and ensure the field operations team completes weekly safety topics
- Ensure timely treatment for all work-related injuries and/or illnesses sustained by TMI employees.
- Responsible for timely reporting of all work-related injuries and/or illnesses sustained by TMI employees to the corporate office, including completion of required report