Are you driven, motivated, and want a career? Do you have an interest in joining a leading provider of robotic palletizing systems for over 20 years? With over 800 robotic palletizers installed throughout North America and beyond, Columbia Okura, LLC. is unparalleled in the industry and we are interested in speaking with you! Columbia Okura, LLC. offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision, paid time off, 401K, tuition reimbursement and so much more. If you are looking for a company that values its employees visit us at http://columbiaokura.com/about-us/#ourpeople to view our current positions and for more information.
Summary Responsible for the mechanical design and function of robotic palletizing systems (and associated automated equipment) by completing production and R&D Engineering tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop mechanical and electromechanical designs for robotic palletizing systems including End of Arm Tooling, conveyor configuration, system layout and reach studies, custom equipment design using Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD and specialized programs. (30%)
- Verify feasibility of requested capabilities in regards to system speed, overall function, and financial targets. (20%)
- Generate and maintain accurate Bills of Materials (BOM) for system production. Pre-order specialty and long lead-time equipment (10%)
- Generate and maintain documentation for assembly, installation, and customer support (10%)
- Collaborate with other team members such as Project Managers, Electrical/Controls Engineers, Technicians, Sale representatives and others to ensure systems are designed to meet the customers requirements.
- Lead risk assessment activities. Ensure product quality and verify that equipment meets current safety standards. (5%)
- Follow established processes and make suggested improvements. (5%)
- Lead research and development activities to develop new salable options or make improvements to existing designs (5%)
- Support the Sales Department by answering technical questions, confirming system and component capabilities and assisting with product demonstrations (5%)
- Support the Manufacturing Department by answering technical questions, assisting in troubleshooting, investigating quality issues and working with vendors to resolve them. (5%)
- Support the Service Department by answering technical questions, assisting in troubleshooting, and investigating parts failures. (5%)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (cont.):
Constant (over 66%)
(Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager, incumbent follows precedents and procedures, and may set priorities and organizes work with general guidelines established by supervisor/manage).
(Decisions may affect work unit or area within a department. May contribute to business or operational decision that affect the department).
(Problems are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation. Problems are solved using knowledge and skills, and general precedents and practices.).
Supervisory Responsibilities - None
Non-Essential Job Functions
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, skills and/or abilities:
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
- Autodesk Inventor and Vault
- ERP Software (Infor M3 and VaultTool)
- Pneumatic components and circuits
- Written, Oral and Electronic (interpersonal) Communication
- Project/Process Management
a. Ability to provide a respectful work environment for others
b. Ability to work well with others in a team atmosphere.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering required
- 3-5 years professional experience
Physical Demands (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions):
Constant (over 66%)
Talking, Standing, Walking,
Bending, Stooping, Climbing Stairs, Kneeling, Squatting, Crouching
Carrying up to 10 to 50 pounds
Lifting up to 10 to 50 pounds (*)
*Never exceeding our company manual lifting policy and corresponding SOPs.
Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
- Office: Employees are protected from weather conditions or contaminants, but not necessarily occasional temperature changes.
Required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE): Safety glasses, hearing protection as required. Other PPE as required by specific operation performed.
Columbia Okura, LLC. offers a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, short and long term disability, 401(k), incentive compensation, paid holidays, paid time off, and tuition reimbursement. Equal Opportunity Employer - Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. Columbia does participate in E-Verify.