Sous Chef for a growth-oriented company and concept in North County San Diego – Harlow’s by Trademark Venues
See it here: harlowsocialounge
Apply today at https://trademarkvenues.com/careers/
What does Trademark offer?
Vibrancy, resiliency, and growth are what you will find at Trademark Venues and its affiliated companies. From our restaurant concepts to our wedding and catering operations, Trademark creates the new and stays at the forefront of amazing customer experiences. As part of the team, you will have the ability not only to showcase your organizational and leadership skills, but also to flex your creative muscles to drive the business, and yourself, forward. Engaging with your team to ensure fun and meaningful work is the last piece of the puzzle you will help to complete as you grow your skills and potential. There is limitless potential to be seized.
Of course, Trademark also offers medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, competitive pay, flexible time-off policies, and more.
About This Role
The Sous Cuisine assumes responsibility for managing day to day functions of the kitchen team as well as some responsibility for direct communication with the customer to assure exceptional experiences. Some specific duties include, but are not limited to, managing the day-to-day production of the line and prep areas and assisting in the day-to-day management of the FOH. Energy, enthusiasm, the ability to execute, and passion for the work, the people, and the customers are key to achieving success in this role.
- Assist the Front of the House Manager in managing culinary and kitchen activities and quality at Harlow’s.
- Train, schedule and supervise prep cooks.
- Maintain food ordering and organize inventory daily and monthly.
- Ensuring that all food meets the highest quality standards and is served on time.
- Executing with Executive Chef with development of seasonal menus, design and plating of each dish, including daily, weekly and monthly specials.
- Keeping track of new trends in the industry.
- Plan, organize and supervise daily prep operations for Harlow’s Restaurant.
- Provide the training and tools necessary to ensure staff can effectively perform job functions
- Manage the performance and behaviors of all reports
- Partner with leaders throughout the organization to drive operational efficiency and excellent customer experience
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years of experience in culinary/kitchen management required
- Experience in face-to-face guest interaction environments or models required
- Experience with menu development and costing
- Experience with seasonal produce and wide range of proteins
- Experience managing complex food service operations in a restaurant setting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of CRM POS systems such as Toast, Aloha and/or Micros
- Knowledge of current food service management and training techniques
- Bi-lingual (Spanish and English) language skills a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
About Trademark Venues
For more than 20 years, Trademark Venues and its team have provided the best in premier weddings in Southern California. Starting with one venue in 2000, Trademark Venues has grown to seven wedding venues, a beautiful client services hub, an amazing restaurant, and a gorgeous garden wholesale center. We are pleased to have the ability to offer these hospitality services to our wonderful clients and customers. Creating unforgettable experiences regardless of the services offered is what we do. Just as importantly, we are pleased that our growth enabled us to employ more than 200 area people and contribute to programs supporting our communities.