Noritz is hiring an SCM Coordinator to work onsite in our SCM department. The SCM & Logistics team is responsible for handling vendor management, forecasting the demands of items, placing the purchase orders, coordinating transportation including ocean shipments, inventory control, and delivery to customers.
The SCM coordinator is responsible for managing vendors and products. This includes maintaining relationships with vendors, carriers, or freight companies. It also includes controlling inventory appropriately by forecasting, creating purchase orders, and coordinating delivery methods. Communication and coordination within the department and with other departments are essential to ensure the correct products are delivered on time.
- Analyzes and negotiates freight cost, and delivery cost by considering the quality of it.
- Resolves problems regarding transportation issues and creates improvement plans
- Researches new transportation companies for all products
- Ensures inventory availability based on regional sales needs and maintains preferred stock levels
- Responsible for purchasing activity including updating purchasing simulations or forecasts.
- Keeps updating and checking inventory level, then placing the PO accordingly.
- Responsible for OEM logistics (which includes creating a four-month plan and scheduling transfers in order to control inventory levels and meet the needs of the OEM business partner)
- Responsible for controlling after-service parts inventory including updating the scheduler, and ordering parts.
- Handles and resolves after-service parts logistics issues
- Manages and controls slow-moving items to keep the inventory within the appropriate level
- Troubleshoots and handles AX2012 database, and other system issues
- Brainstorms improvements for AX2012 database, and other systems
- Assists in research projects as necessary
- Help Quality control for both supplier's service and products
- Any or all duties assigned by the supervisor
- Assists with warehouse (including Third-party warehouse) duties as necessary.
- Seeks more efficient and less expensive ways in work processes to contribute toward the company’s overall profit.
- Researches and develops resources that create a timely and efficient workflow.
- Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by senior management.