SUMMARY: Responsible for managing and participating in the bank’s interest rate risk, liquidity, Asset/Liability, and Budget processes. This position will share responsibilities with the VP-Finance who is responsible for daily cash management, GL entries, reporting, investments, and derivative accounting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Engage with the preparation and creation of reports that summarize the bank’s interest rate risk position and overall liquidity position.
- Prepare, distribute, and compare budgets utilizing the company systems based upon Leadership team feedback and the 3 year strategic plan.
- Works with the CFO to prepare a 3 Year Strategic Plan that will begin with the 2022-2025 time horizon.
- Develops models for acquisitions including branch acquisitions and whole bank acquisitions.
- Work with the Finance team to maintain budgeting systems that provide control of expenditures made to carry out activities, such as advertising and marketing, production and labor, maintenance, or project activities.
- Provides management with timely reviews of organization's Board approved risk positions and progress in its various programs and activities.
- Advises management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions.
- Works with examiners related to the interest rate risk and liquidity position of the bank.
- Finalizes reports required by regulatory agencies.
- May recommend future financial plans and policies.
- Oversees the Asset/Liability Committee, Pricing Committee, and Budget Committee.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Although no direct employees at this time, may be responsible for managing employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.