AGY is a world leader in supplying high performance materials in the form of glass fiber yarns and reinforcements. Our glass fiber material is used in a broad range of markets, including Automotive, Construction, Defense, Electronics, Aerospace, Marine and Recreation. AGY has offices in Lyon, France and world headquarters is in Aiken, South Carolina.
As a Shift Supervisor, you will lead and motivate a production team ensuring that production, quality and safety goals are met.
Description of Duties:
- Promote a safe work environment.
- Ensure quality standards are met.
- Meet housekeeping requirements.
- Hold employees accountable for production rates.
- Meet product efficiency standards and control operational costs.
- Work with manufacturing engineers in problem solving.
- Administer disciplinary actions.
- Monitor and maintain inventory levels.
- Provide shift summaries and report outs.
- Manage labor through scheduling, obtaining overtime and transferring people.
- Maintain time and attendance through payroll system.
- Follow and adhere to the Union Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).