The Clinical Response Coordinator position provides direct oversight to the Step-Up Step-Down DDS Partnership. This position will report directly to the Managing Director. The Clinical Response Coordinator has direct oversight developing ongoing services for individuals who may be transitioning back to community-based supports from higher levels of care or requiring supports to be put in place in community-based settings in order to prevent crisis escalation.To be successful in this role, the individual must be a highly organized, efficient and adaptable with strong leadership skills. The knowledge of the Department of Developmental Services’ (DDS) regulations and policies with strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with multiple team members and departments is required.
- Responsible for the daily operations and oversight to the Clinical Response Team and DDS Partnership.
- Schedule and facilitate meetings with individual’s DDS Team and/or transition team.
- Work in conjunction with the clinical team to ensure compliance, collaboration and the development and implementation of all necessary clinical functions.
- Participate in weekly rounds when needed at the DDS Step-Up Step-Down Unit and monthly Regional Director Meetings or Agencies involved.
- Participate in the planning, transitioning, and follow-up into the community-based support setting.
- In consultation with DDS and team members, identifies the most appropriate residential setting in which to support each individual.
- Collaborates with DDS and team members in finding an appropriate residential setting, taking into consideration individual/family home, available DDS sites, provider vacancies, and third-party rentals.
- Ensure compliance with all DDS and company policies and procedures.
- Ability to develop and implement operational procedures as needed.
- Develop person-centered environments in which individuals are treated with respect and dignity and are afforded the appropriate supports to facilitate healing and recovery.
- Ensure the needs of the individuals are met consistently and in accordance with the individuals’ plan so they can live their best lives. This includes transitioning back to community-based supports.
- Maintain and update individuals’ plans as needed in accordance with state and agency requirements.
- Ensures Individuals have the opportunity and means to participate in activities of daily living and community participation of their choosing.
- Provide direct care coverage as the need arises.