Gotham Greens is seeking a passionate, driven, and hardworking individual to fill a position as a Driver. We are looking for a responsible delivery driver to distribute products promptly to our customers. You will represent our company in a professional and cost-effective manner aiming at increasing profitability and customer satisfaction.
Prior experience in the natural and organic food industry is a plus but not required. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and organized individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing, innovative, disruptive company in the 21st century food system.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Conduct yourself professionally with customers, vendors, Gotham Greens employees, and the public.
- Safely operate a Gotham Greens vehicle in compliance with motor vehicle laws, DOT regulations, and company policies.
- Load and unload shipments at customer, 3rd-party vendor, and Gotham Greens facilities on assigned delivery routes.
- Start and end each day at a Gotham Greens facility near Baltimore, MD or Culpeper, VA. No long-haul routes.
- Promptly communicate any customer order exceptions, vehicle maintenance incidents, and accidents to Gotham Greens dispatch and supervisors.
- Operate the vehicle refrigeration unit and follow company procedures to maintain product cold chain. Monitor and document vehicle and product temperatures on food safety logs as required.
- Accurately complete DOT required documents, such as Hours of Service logs, Driver Vehicle Inspection Report forms.
WHO YOU ARE:
- At least 5 years of experience as a delivery driver. Comfortable driving heavy-duty commercial vehicles, including refrigerated trucks and trailers, in all environments and weather.
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver License and DOT Medical Certificate.
- No serious moving violations, license suspensions, or DOT reportable accidents in the last 5 years.
- Pass a drug test and DOT physical exam annually, and before employment.
- Pass random drug testing at any time during employment.
- Experience maintaining accurate DOT Hours of Service logbooks or ELD, and pre/post-trip Driver Vehicle Inspection Report forms.
- Experience operating material handling equipment, like pallet jacks or forklifts.
- High school degree or GED. Military and/or technical education preferred.
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs, standing and sitting for extended periods of time.
WHO WE ARE
Gotham Greens is an indoor farming company and a fresh food brand on a mission to transform the way we approach our food system, putting people and the planet at the forefront. Gotham Greens produces and delivers long-lasting and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings, dips, and cooking sauces all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
A Certified B Corporation™, Gotham Greens sustainably grows high-quality produce using up to 95% less water and 97% less land than conventional farming through its national network of climate-controlled, high-tech greenhouses across America, including locations in New York, Illinois, Rhode Island, Maryland, Virginia, Colorado, and California.
Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America. For more information, visit gothamgreens.com.