Who are we?
The Parts House (TPH) is the fastest growing wholesale auto parts supplier in the Southern US. Competing with the giants in the industry; we listen to understand and then commit ourselves to providing fast, reliable parts solutions. We work hard, execute at industry-leading levels, and correct problems quickly. Our Company strives to constantly innovate by keeping an open communication line with our customers and thinking outside-the-box to meet their requirements.
Our results are driven by our most important asset: our people. We take pride in our work, our exemplary culture, and wealth of career opportunities. Many of our employees have enjoyed a long and rewarding career at TPH due to the prospect of advancing in every role and our preference to promote from within. Most positions offer on-the-job training so that employees gain the most relevant experience for their roles. We are respectful, friendly, and offer excellent work-life balance so that our employees are comfortable staying with us for the long haul.
The Store Warehouse Associate is responsible for receiving and stocking Automotive parts. The ideal candidate should be able to move and think quickly, able to bend at waist and knees, and climb short ladder in order to reach top shelves.
- Good to above average computer skills
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving procedures preferred
- Reliable transportation
- High school Diploma
- Attention to detail
- Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week. Some overtime may be required
- 0 to 3 years working in a warehouse
- Reads customers order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving areas to storage to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders in pallets or shelves or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Marks materials with identifying information. Open boxes, crates, and other containers.
- Records amounts of materials or item received or distributed.
- Weighs or counts item for distribution within warehouse to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Uses computer to enter records.
- Prepares parcels for mailing and shipment via common carrier.
- Other duties may be assigned by supervisor.
Physical Demands: Occasional heavy lifting of 50 lbs. or more may be required. The ability to work in a warehouse environment (Heat, Cold, Dust etc.) will be required. Must be able to climb a ladder and be exposed to heights of 6 ft. or greater.
Benefits: We offer a competitive pay rate and benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; prescription drug coverage, disability benefits, life insurance, 401k, confidential Employee Assistance program; sick time, holidays and vacation time.