Founded in 1981, QC Conveyors was started with the belief that hard work and good people were the keys to building a strong business. For more than 40 years, QC Conveyors has been focused on providing their customers with reliable, easy-to-use conveyor systems that meet their needs, and backing them with world class service and support. QC Conveyors manufactures conveyors that meet the needs of their customers with their automation, hydroclean, flextrac, and industrial series conveyors.
As a Duravant Family Company, QC Conveyors participates in global Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion programs, as well as Doing Good initiatives to support our communities. In addition to a culture that promotes long term career satisfaction, with opportunities for personal and professional growth, QC Conveyors offers an excellent total rewards package that includes:
- Compensation: We offer competitive compensation
- Benefits: We have comprehensive benefit packages designed to support our employees' health, well-being, and financial security
- Development: We have education and training programs which include an educational assistance program
- Time Off: We offer paid holidays and paid time off
- Driven Team Members: We have a cross-functional, collaborative environment, focused on delivering results
- Core Values: Our core values are Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Winning Spirit, and Sense of Urgency
- Culture: We are driven by our number one asset - our employees, and their successes
- Doing Good: We love to be active members of our community! We have volunteer opportunities throughout the year.
QC Conveyors is seeking a Purchasing Manager to join our organization. The Purchasing Manager will evaluate suppliers, negotiate contracts, and review the quality of products.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties as assigned
- Manage, coach, and develop a team of buyers
- Develop, lead, and execute purchasing strategies to support the needs of various departments.
- Streamline current processes and centralize independent purchasing
- Implement purchase order tracking and design company supply store
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Craft strategies to negotiate optimal payment terms
- Coach internal team members on best practices as it pertains to negotiation tactics
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
- Evaluate existing agreements and contracts periodically to ensure optimal terms that reflect current market trends
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and bench-marking
- Assess, manage, and mitigate risks associated with the purchasing process
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or equivalent work experience
- Five or more years of related experience and/or training as Purchasing Manager, Agent or Officer
- Proven experience with sourcing, negotiation, and vendor management
- Knowledge of production and inventory controls functions
- Ability to gather and analyze data
- Possess strong leadership skills and networking capabilities
- Ability to effectively present information, respond and draw valid conclusions
- Displays regular interest in market dynamics along with business sense
- Proficiency with MS Office and email
- Proficiency with ERP systems (Dynamics 365 Preferred)
While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear; uses hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. On occasion, the colleague may be required to climb and work in high places, stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders.
The incumbent must occasionally lift, push, or pull up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Manufacturing environment and office