Education and Training:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certification in office administration, medical administration, or related fields. (May substitute for 2-3 years work experience in this field)
- Proven experience working in a medical office.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of office procedures.
- Proficient in RPMS software.
- Working knowledge of general administrative practices.
- A general understanding of Medicare, Medicaid, commercial carriers, and general healthcare billing guidelines.
- Participates in team building, and conflict resolution.
- Requires sufficient knowledge of proper English usage, grammar, spelling, and punctuation to prepare professional correspondence and write and edit report text.
- Requires sufficient human relations skills to work productively and cooperatively with other work teams, exercise patience when dealing with internal and external customers, and convey technical concepts.
- Requires good telephone etiquette.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong computer skills and experience with health care databases and applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Note: Pursuant to Tribal Policy, if this position is safety sensitive it is subject to pre-employment drug testing. In addition, this position is subject to reasonable suspicion and post-accident drug testing.
TRIBAL MEMBER AND INDIAN PREFERENCE WILL APPLY; PREFERENCE WILL ALSO BE GIVEN TO HONORABLY DISCHARGED VETERANS WHO ARE MINIMALLY QUALIFIED.
If required of this position, you must possess and maintain a valid Washington State drivers license and be eligible for the Tribes Vehicle Insurance. In addition, this position may be subject to pre-employment background clearances. If applicable, these clearances must be maintained throughout employment. Covid-19 Vaccination is required.
CONTACT INFORMATION: Lake Roosevelt Community Health Centers, Human Resources, P. O. Box 290, Inchelium, WA 99138, Leeann Waters Romero, 509-722-7686, email@example.com