Drivers for Connecticut Transportation Solutions have the primary responsibility for ensuring the health, safety, and welfare of children and staff during transportation to and from school, after school activities, medical appointments and vocational training's. All of our drivers must have either a V or S endorsement and must pass all required background checks, verification and credentialing processes. In addition, this position requires a Smartphone device.
- Follows all company policies, state, and federal laws and regulations to ensure the safety and well-being of children and adults being transported.
- Ensures all students are in appropriate safety restraints at all times during transportation.
- Identifies those persons authorized by the parents/guardians to receive the children. Delivers children only to the authorized persons on time as directed by Manager.
- In the event of an accident, follows all procedures; assures that medical emergency procedures are followed; completes a written accident report as required by CTS policy and the authorities.
- Completes and turns in paperwork including daily trip sheets, vehicle inspection reports, gas receipt logs, attendance logs, and other documentation.