SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Possess a can-do attitude
- Strong computer user skills in Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Excel and ability to learn new systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have high level of interpersonal and customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrate a commitment to recognize and respect the many forms of diversity
- An understanding of the Girl Scouts mission, goals, values and programs
- Able to lift and carry 30 pounds, including repetitive movement of cookie cases
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, and evenings as needed and travel as required utilizing council vehicles
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination status unless a qualifying exemption is needed
- Valid California driver’s license, a clean driving record, and proof of insurance
- Schedule requirements may change during height of cookie program
- Promote organizational culture and community statement:
The Girl Scouts Heart of Central California Community Statement
We are a community who wants as many girls as possible to be Girl Scouts.
Our community is girl-centric and performance-driven.
As a collective, we care about each other, are sincere and relational with a strong sense of purpose.
As a member of this community I have certain responsibilities:
- I am accountable for individual, team and organizational goals.
- I am committed to quality.
- I collaborate when appropriate, am solutions-oriented and thoughtfully solve problems with a sense of urgency.
- I am able to find a balance between shared and trusted procedures and innovative ideas in order to work effectively and efficiently.
- I am a professional and exhibit ethical behavior, skills and knowledge competence and leadership development.
- I challenge my fears and demonstrate courage.
- I contribute to an environment of inclusivity, belonging and fun.