SEASONAL CAMP POSITIONS
No Girl Scout experience is necessary to work as a camp staff member. Salary is determined on experience and skills. Food, lodging and pre-camp training is provided. In pre-camp training, staff learn and review camping skills, become familiar with the area and develop a working rapport with fellow staff.
All staff members should have a sincere interest and dedication to helping girls enjoy simple outdoor living, the ability to work with people of all backgrounds and love for the outdoors. Please note that all summer staff will be working at both Keyauwee Program Center in Sophia, NC and Camp Ginger Cascades in Lenoir, NC.
- Be a currently registered member of Girl Scouts of the USA or willing to become a member.
- Believe in the mission of the Girl Scout movement.
- Good character, integrity, adaptability, patience, sense of humor, and enthusiasm.
- Be willing to live in staff tent or cabin near campers.
- Have good time management, organization and communication skills.
- Ability to accept guidance and supervision and relate to ones peer group.
- Hold current certification in standard First Aid and CPR (unless employed in the kitchen).