Who We Are
Elevate Outdoor Collective is an alliance of iconic outdoor and winter sports brands with a specialized focus on skiing, snowboarding and snowshoeing. With each unique brand maintaining its own individual points of view and driving independent innovation, the Collective is fueled with the strength of world-class development facilities and engineers, global distribution channels and committed outdoor lifestyle enthusiasts and experts. Our brands include K2 Skis, K2 Snowboards, Marker, Dalbello, Völkl, RIDE Snowboards, LINE Skis, Backcountry Access, Atlas Snow Shoe Co., Tubbs Snowshoes, Madshus and K2 Skates.
With an international portfolio of world-renowned brands recognized as trailblazers in innovation, performance and, most importantly, fun times by active lifestyle enthusiasts across the globe, Elevate Outdoor Collective will continue its mission to progress the culture of each and every outdoor endeavor it represents. As “One Team” backed by world-class development facilities and product engineers, incredibly talented athletes and ambassadors and a top-notch crew of employees who live and breathe the outdoor active lifestyle, Elevate Outdoor Collective is eager to take things to the next level.
The Senior Marketing Manager leads the strategic direction of designated brand for Elevate Outdoor Collective, ensuring all execution is aligned with the strategy and achieves the set goals.
- Execute brand vision
- Responsible for creating brand marketing calendar and go-to-market strategies
- Lead the development of the multi-year strategy for the brand incorporating direction from the executive team and input from key stakeholders.
- Create and communicate brand mission, vision, positioning, identity, and strategic priorities to align stakeholders.
- Drive brand decisions to meet or exceed company goals for unit volume, revenue, and profit.
- Lead the creation of promotional campaigns and programs to maximize brand affiliation and sales for the global markets.
- Identify the key communication channels (print, web, social, influencers, etc.) and deploy all marketing collateral and assets to best reach the consumer.
- Ensure Design departments goals are aligned with the direction of the brands targeted consumers and provide guidance throughout the creative development.
- Align global marketing managers execution to the global promotional plans and timelines through clear and timely communication. Identify and approve any areas where regional deviation is required for greatest effect.
- Build and achieve annual marketing budget and maximize the return on spends.
- Build relationships and manage contract negotiations with athletes, partners, and service providers.
- Create and develop new business opportunities for the brand.
- Oversee brand teams work for quality, value, and timeliness (marketing collateral, events, 3rd party tests, trade shows, promo tools, flow product, retail promotional partnerships, PR, consumer research, etc)
- 7-10 years progressive related experience: hardgoods, sporting goods, winter sports
- Strong understanding of the winter sports industry, market and lifestyle
- Ability to ski competently in all conditions
- Ability to travel extensively sometimes internationally to any country that has snow
- Strong management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with and co-ordinate a diverse group of people (team riders, sales reps, accountants, shop staff, general snowboard customers)
- Work history in ski and/or related sports industries
- Excellent work ethic and enthusiasm
- Ability to organize multiple tasks and manage projects
- Self-directed and motivated
- Possession of advanced computer skills: MS Office & Adobe products
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Understanding of ecom marketing and sales strategies
- Photography skills
- Video/editing knowledge and experience
- B.A. in Sports Marketing or related degree
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to enter data for long periods of time
- Ability to sit in front of computer for long periods of time
- Ability to speak and hear
- May be required to lift 5-30 pounds occasionally
K2-MDV Sports is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View the EEO is the Law poster here http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf